The latest issue of the Woodturning Fundamentals newsletter from the AAW has been delivered. This is an email publication that comes in the months opposite from the American Woodturner magazine. There is a lot of great information for new and intermediate turners.
The May issue has a lot of great information. Included this month are:
- Kurt Herzog answers the question: “What tools should I buy?”
- An article by Rob Wallace on Setting Up Your Woodturning Workstation
- A skill building article by David Nittmann on creating Pleasing Profiles, putting together straight lines, coves and beads
- Don Derry tells you to listen to your inner voice
- Two video tips, one on holding small pieces with the headstock spindle and one on using rare earth magnets
Woodturning Fundamentals is a nice compliment to the bi-monthly American Woodturner, especially for those of us who are newer turners. This is just one more benefit of membership in the AAW.
You can sign up for Woodturning Fundamentals here.