The Segmented Woodturners chapter of the AAW recently sent out the May club summary to the members. If you are interested in, or are actively involved in, segmented turning this chapter is a great way to acquire and share knowledge about this art.
Here are some of the highlights from the chapter summary:
- The chapter has launched on online membership renewal page. All memberships expire June 30th, so renewals are due soon. Also, members who renew will receive a Arrowmont commemorative DVD. This DVD is also available to new members.
- There will be a membership meeting on Friday evening during the AAW symposium. The board will be awarding “Excellence in Segmenting” awards to three segmenters based upon their “body of work” as displayed in the Instant Gallery.
- The next segmented symposium is tentatively scheduled for mid-October,2012 in South Lake Tahoe, CA. Demonstrator/demonstration suggestions are welcome.
- Good discussion in the forum on 20″ disc sander attributes and capabilities.
- Another good discussion on scalloped segmented parts for a hollow vessel with an excellent tutorial by Dennis Kirks (example in photo)
- The chapter website received 5,055 unique visitors in March and 278,154 page views.