The AAW has published the latest edition of Woodturning FUNdamentals. There are lots of good tips here including:
- Tips on using the indexing function on your lathe with illustrations by Keith Tompkins
- Response by Jim Rodgers, Secretary of the Segmented Woodturners chapter, on how to build a feature ring design in a Ray Allen bowl
- Don Derry tells his favorite safety tip
- Part 3 of Joseph Herrmann’s series on processing wood from tree to blank. In this installment he gives tips on preparing the lumber to be cut into a blank on the band saw.
- A nice reprint of an articles from the American Woodturner archives on Pitfalls for Beginners by Dick Sing
- A woodturning project from Linda Van Gehuchten on turning angels
- Another woodturning project, this one from Jerry Hubschman, on turning coasters from your “can’t part with” wood scraps
The Woodturning Fundamentals is a email publication of the AAW and is available to any AAW member. You can sign up here.