Disaster Unemployment Assistance: Help for Self Employed Artists

cerfDid you know that you might qualify for Disaster Unemployment Assistance if you are an independent artist or other self-employed individual who has lost income due to interruptions from a major disaster?

If there has been a Presidential declaration for a major disaster in your county, and your state has requested Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) from the federal government, then you might be eligible for this financial assistance. To receive help, you must register with your state’s employment services office and provide proof of earnings. Benefits usually start from the date of your inability to work due to the disaster, and can extend up to 26 weeks after the Presidential declaration date. For more information about the Disaster Unemployment Assistance program visit the US Department of Labor website.

This article is courtesy of the Craft Emergency Relief Fund, CERF+.