Have you signed up for the Woodturning Fundamentals newsletter from the AAW? This is an email publication that comes in the months opposite from the American Woodturner magazine. There is a lot of great information for new and intermediate turners.
The March issue was just emailed out and it contains several interesting articles. Included this month are:
- A great follow up question for Dr. Robert Wallace on food safe finishes for wine goblets
- A Q&A about the safety and serviceability of hand-me-down turning tools
- An article by Joe Herrmann on how to properly store your growing wood supply
- A tutorial on turning a two-part goblet written by Bob Rosand
- Two video tips from professional turner Beth Ireland on how to select the right lathe for architectural items or for bowls and large items
- An article by Kurt Hertzog about “How Fast Should I Run My Lathe?”
And also included is this safety tip from the Mid-South Woodturners Guild on how to determine the correct height for your lathe.
You can sign up for Woodturning Fundamentals here.