Our friends in the AAW chapter North of the border have a great newsletter. The Greater Vancouver Woodturning Guild (GVWG) June newsletter has several interesting items in it:
- Listing of upcoming demonstrators including bios of Art Liestman and Avelino Samuel
- Story of a near fatal lathe accident involving a B.C. turner leading to a simple lathe modification to prevent a similar incident in the future
- Tech talk with tips on expansion chucks, bowl finishing and power vs. manual sanding
- A tutorial on end grain hollow forms
- A nice write up on skews – types, bevels, sharpening, use
- A Woodturning 101 article on turning a candle holder
- Lots of pictures of items turned by members
As of this writing the June newsletter was linked to the Latest Newsletter link.
Take a look, I think you will enjoy reading their newsletter and will probably come away with a few new ideas.